Services in Irish
Regular services in the Diocese of Dublin and Glendalough are conducted through the medium of Irish, most under the auspices of Cumann Gaelach na hEaglaise (the Irish Guild of the Church).
The Irish Guild of the Church
The Irish Guild of the Church was founded in 1914 to
- promote all that tends to preserve within the Church of Ireland the spirit of the ancient Celtic Church and to provide a bond of union for all members of the Church of Ireland inspired with Irish ideals
- promote the use of the Irish language in the Church
- collect from Irish sources suitable hymns and other devotional literature
- encourage the use of Irish art and music in the Church.
The Guild organises regular services as follows:
· Bilingual Evensong. The fourth Sunday of each month (except July and August) at 3.30 in Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin
· Irish Lunchtime Service: Holy Communion. The fourth Monday of each month (except July and August) at 12.45 in Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin.
· Interdenominational Service during the Octave of Christian Unity in January, Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin
Services are organised around the country for specific feast days, most particularly St. Patrick’s Day but also on St. Columba’s Day, St. Brigid’s Day, the Harvest Festival and Advent.
For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org