Council for Mission
The council acts as a think tank and generator of resources to facilitate mission in all its aspects.
The Objectives of the Council are:
- To act as a think tank and generator of resources to facilitate mission in all its aspects.
- To continue the ecumenical endeavours with which the council has been engaged.
- To continue to facilitate and develop the partnership between the United Dioceses of Dublin and Glendalough and the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem.
To ensure that the Council carries out this work, it intends to carry out the following:–
- The Council for Mission will continue to enhance the partnership between the United Dioceses and the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem. Together with Archbishop Michael Jackson, it is making the arrangements for the forthcoming visit by Archbishop Suheil and Canon David Longe. In 2017, it will continue work to organise a Diocesan Pilgrimage to the Diocese of Jerusalem and to maintain, within the United Dioceses, the momentum that has already been built up in the establishment of the partnership.
- Organise and manage an Ecumenical Carol Singing at the Mansion House, Dublin in December 2017. This will be achieved by co–ordinating the event with the Lord Mayor’s Office and the Archdiocese, arranging for a choir, musicians and readers for the event and arranging the logistics and publicity.
- Assist in the arrangements for Ecumenical Bible Week in 2017. This will be achieved by having representatives on the organising and consultative committees who will also liaise with the Council.