St Michan’s, Church Street, Part of World Meeting of Families Pilgrim Walk
St Michan’s, Church Street, will be one of the stations on the World Meeting of Families 2018 Pilgrim Walk. The walk takes in seven city centre churches and St Michan’s Church of Ireland Church has been included as the ecumenical element to the walk.
From Saturday August 18 to Saturday August 25, the thousands of pilgrims visiting Dublin for WMOF2018 will be invited to undertake the WMOF2018 Pilgrim Walk. This will involve visiting the seven designated churches, spending time in prayer in each of them for a special intention related to families and finishing the visit with the WMOF2018 prayer.
Each pilgrim will be issued with a pilgrim walk passport, which will be stamped at each station, in the ancient tradition of the Camino of St James. A pilgrimage certificate of completion will be stamped when they arrive at the last of the seven churches. The churches can be visited in any order and the walk can be done in one day or divided up over the week. Families, groups, individuals, adults and children are all invited to participate in the pilgrim walk. There is no charge to participate.
The seven churches involved include:
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel – Whitefriar’s, Aungier Street. The theme for this station is love at the heart of the family.
- St Teresa’s Carmelite Church, Clarendon Street. The theme for this station is the gift of parents to the family.
- St Audoen’s Church, High Street The theme for this station is the gift of grandparents to the family.
- St Michan’s, Church Street The theme for this station is fostering the gift of forgiveness among families.
- St Michan’s, Halston Street The theme for this station is the gift of children to the family.
- St Saviour’s, Dominick Street The theme of this station is God walks with families when times are tough.
- St Francis Xavier’s, Gardiner Street The theme for this station is the role of teachers in enriching the children of our families.