Vacancy – Graduate Assistant – Church of Ireland (full–time)
Closing date: 20/09/2019
The Church of Ireland is seeking to recruit a full–time junior colleague in the busy Synod Department based at its central offices in Rathmines, Dublin.
The position will be of particular interest to candidates seeking to gain experience of working in the non–profit sector. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage in projects and research that help shape Church policy. An understanding of the ethos of a Christian Church is desirable. The role may involve occasional travel within the island of Ireland. The position is offered on a 3–year fixed–term contract basis.
– Assisting with projects, research and preparation of material to support the work of committees;
– Organising events, including book launches and other promotional work;
– Supporting the work of various charities associated with the Church of Ireland through the provision of administrative and other support services;
– General Office duties – including drafting reports, minutes and agendas to support committees.
We are looking for a candidate with:
– A primary degree or equivalent, preferably in a business–related discipline;
– Two years’ post–qualification experience;
– Strong IT skills including familiarity with MS Office;
– A high degree of flexibility and adaptability;
– A strong interest in working in the not–for–profit sector;
– A full clean driving licence and access to a car would be an advantage.
The person suited to this job is likely to have good administrative and report–writing skills allied with analytic ability, research capacity and basic numeracy. A multi–tasker, who enjoys interacting with people as well as with ideas will find this work stimulating. The person appointed will have the opportunity to work with clergy and lay members of the Church at central and diocesan levels.
You may be seeking to find a job that will help develop your skills and apply your knowledge to practical issues in a service–oriented role where your inputs make a difference. The Church aims to provide a stimulating and varied environment with a range of projects that will help you develop your particular strengths.
Responsible to: The Head of Synod Services and Communications.
Background – The General Synod
The General Synod is the main legislative, governance and policy–making body of the Church of Ireland. It comprises elected clergy and laity from throughout Ireland. The Synod meets annually, but elected committees and commissions work on its behalf throughout the year.
To apply, please send a brief CV outlining your academic record and other achievements and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5.00 p.m. on Friday 20th September 2019.